from the church library. Now this is not as bad as it sounds. Maybe. I was in the adoration chapel yesterday and picked up Divine Mercy in my Soul: The Diary of St. Faustina. The girl I went to the convent with was gushing over it, and as soon as I read a couple passages I knew why. St. Faustina was a mystic and Jesus Christ speaks to her so much in her writings that the editors bolded his words to distinguish them from her text. There was a copy of this book in every stall in the adoration chapel...something like 40 stalls. I thought, 'would it be so bad to just...borrow one for awhile?' I flipped open the cover. PROPERTY OF OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL. DO NOT REMOVE. I closed the cover. I looked up at the Blessed Sacrament. Not in front of Jesus. I left the chapel kinda sad. This book is huge, somewhere around 700 pages, and it'd be so expensive to buy on top of everything else pending for senior year.
The next day I came back for confession and thought I'd see if the book was in the parish library. I searched through the index and saw it--two copies! Number 248....2-4-8...Faust....F-a-u.....it's not here. Neither one of them. I headed toward the door, again, a little sad. Then a bag on the floor in front of the display table caught my eye. Donated books. The book on top of the stack? Divine Mercy in my Soul: The Diary of St. Faustina, and a little wooden image of the Christ of the Divine Mercy peeking out from farther down in the bag. I looked around the dark library; obviously, no one was there. Now....this isn't my normal habitude but I could think of very few situations where it was more obvious that this stuff was meant for me, and I should take it without feeling bad about it.
So I read the first couple sections tonight. It's pretty good....
I beat Charlie at the staring contest. He looked at his garlic bread.
"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for woe. Plans to give you a future full of hope."
8.12.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i wrote this REALLY late at night.
yay-hay-ay I'm so glad you got it!
you can't have my life, because i don't want you to have to deal with sheep poop and putting up fences and killing mice and sometimes-annoying sometimes-wonderful siblings.
and because i kind of like my life.
but you can come visit whenever you want.
Post a Comment