8.17.2006

I Don't Want to Talk About Senior Year so I Will Ramble

Lydia the folk choir violinist has a boyfriend from out of town. He came to our rehearsal today, and the best part about choir practice was watching him so enchanted with her. He's head over heels. She can't see it all the time, because she's busy drawing the bow across her violin and reading the score, but he sat behind her and smiled the whole two hours. His eyes follow her with innocent, amused curiosity. There's something to that kind of awe; whether it fades with time is of no consequence to the initial amazement that God could create, 'at last,' that person.

Funny things I've heard recently:
- Indiana State Fair foods: Hog-on-a-log, Kid's pignick basket
-AQUAPOD. Orbtastic Shape! Charged with fun!
-"This is how I wuoak my duoag, Elmo"... -New York City Sesame Street Kids
-"My friend Marvin went to Turkey"... -Grant Sadjak, 5 yrs.

Blair Mancini and I have postgraduate plans to redeem the tarnished image of Catholic Hollywood.

"I'm praying for you. I hope that hasn't become too simple for us." -Greg Floyd

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I also noticed that Brian (Bryan?) couldn't take his eyes off her...it was sort of delightful to watch.

No, i don't think my parents have discovered that I'm doing this yet. When they do...well we'll see. Maybe I should just tell them about it; then I'd never have to e-mail.

Jessica said...

PS. Greg's quote is lovely...even without context...gosh I'm blessed to have you guys in my life.