Thompson Station, TN 37179
I didn't really have anything to say, so I just pressed Ctrl+V (paste) and that's what came up. Interesting, right?
Me Blair Mancini, you Jane.
Bueller?
8.10.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think of this blog as a refuge for my homeless thoughts, an island of misfit toys--short stories without purpose, detached ideas, adventurous musings, rants and wistful words, entries with layers and entries with barely a mark of character. These aren't the words you would display in the living room, they're those you bury in the dusty recesses of your attic, or cram between your mattress and the bedboard only to explore in the afterhours with a flashlight. Copyright Everything. Enjoy.
3 comments:
yes, I totally know how that goes.
i say just get it. what if we have lunch together once a week or whatever to talk about what we're reading? that way we'll have motivation to keep reading. a book club of sorts, but we don't have to read the same thing.
I support book clubs. I could talk about my current read, the foremost 1 volume edition on the Civil War for Mike the Camera Man's class.
And I don't understand the signoff line
Jessica I wouldn't be too quick to discount Blair's steadfastness to the liturgy and the sacraments. Even though they are man made, they're man made in sort of the same way scripture was written (ESPECIALLY the liturgy of the Eucharist)...planned out by men under the guidance of God. I'm shaky on so many details, but I know that the liturgy is such because God said 'this is how I want my people to worship'
It's like the tattered storybook you would sit and read with your parents over and over again as a little kid. The pictures and words stayed the same, but as you got older, stopped sucking your thumb and started paying more attention, you noticed the illustrations. You asked questions. You played 'I spy' on the boring pages and stopped to talk about the plot. Maybe you guessed where the story would go. Maybe you jumped up and down--"oooh, I know!" and your parent hushed you and told you to sit and listen, wait for the page turn. Then you find yourself picking out words, reading them when prompted. Then you find yourself reading the book to your parent. It's a change and a growth surrounding the same wonderful thing, and a change completely impossible without guidelines and help. In this we can be confident that what we're guided to do, what rules we follow and rituals we peform, while they might pass away, are markers along the way. People who sought prayer and liturgy and rite for their own sakes are called Pharisees. But people who look to God and say "What should I do?" and find the answer "Do this in memory of me" also find themselves in the liturgy, and for the sake of Love.
Also, on the Eucharist: C.S. Lewis calls the sacrament of the Eucharist the beginning of the disappearance of all the sacraments, the beginning of the dawn of salvation. He says this because while the waters of baptism and the oils of the sick are earthly elements that serve in a divine sacrament, the bread and wine become God himself, transcending representation and becoming Christ. We see God fully revealed in heaven, but we receive all of him here, now, as he walked among us as fully God and fully man.
that's what my ctrl+v was. even, like, 2 days after i used it. that's yours. well said.
Post a Comment