2.19.2007

Dumb Dog

I was sitting outside of Waddick's (A place for students and faculty to meet) Coffee Shop today when a girl walked by toting a stuffed dog on the end of a leash. "Come on Roxy," she said and made the little Pit Bull bounce. It caught my eye and I turned to see what was being so unnaturally dragged down the hallway. Dumb. Did she lose a bet? Then I turned around and saw another girl following the girl and stuffed dog dynamic duo, smirking and taking notes.

Great. I have just become the victim of a 100xx level sociology experiment. I hate that feeling. My reaction will be tally marked and presented in one of DeBartolo's theatre-sized classrooms. "According to our calculations of the stuffed dog experiment, which actually rivals anything ever done by Jung or Pavlov, 12 people had a NATURAL REACTION to a stuffed toy being dragged down a hallway in an academic building. Based on these findings, we conclude people still harbor an innate desire for the comfort of a stuffed animal and the companionship of man's best friend."

Great work, scientists of tomorrow.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I was in that class...I had to run up to people and yell HEY LOOK AT THAT! and point to the sky. It was..not fun. But fear not, it was not an intense experiment, and will not be publicized. Plus, it's for psychology, and the teacher assigns the experiments.