12.21.2006

A Series of Comments

1. Dear Dressmakers Everywhere: I cannot wear V-neck dresses. Please design something stylish that is between v-neck and dumb-neck, so I can feel young yet make peace with my non-waifish figure. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

2. Christmas Cards. Seemingly unexpensive. And then there's the stamps.

3. Today I bought my first beer at a store (Mexico doesn't count). Woodchuck Amber Cider. It was really good, but I felt sketchy in the beer aisle, so I began whistling Christmas tunes.

4. Do you Hear what I Hear? is a great song. I did not expect this, but it gives me chills.

5. I have to go to the bathroom but I'm ignoring it. Does anyone else do that?

6. I am never ever doing a Spanish solo for folk choir ever again. I will sing O Mary of Promise in my car or something. Actually a psalm would be neat because it's actually the liturgy speaking and not just accompaniment. I used to be the psalmist at my home parish and I always loved it because I could feel the words taking on a new sincerity.

7. I have a craving for bruschetta.

8. I am making salsa tonight. I'm pretty darn excited about that.

9. Bathroom break.

No comments: