7.02.2006

Dinner Conversation
We had Winston over for dinner the other night. Kabobs. He was laughing about a riddle. "What do you get when you have an immovable object attached to an unbreakable chain attached to an irresistable force?" Mr. White said that we have never seen the likes of it to be able to explain it. But as I unskewered my vegetables I realized we are it. Immovable object: God. Irresistable force: our maligned wills. Unbreakable chain: his love for us, created in his image, filled with his breath. We can't change the God that is, we suffer violently with every sin to turn ourselves from him, and yet we are forever bound to him as the good that he made and loves. What do you get? Look at your own life, and you tell me. One thing I know: this isn't an impossible situation. And the immovable object wins.

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake;
watch over us as we sleep,
That awake we may keep watch with Christ,
and asleep, rest in his Peace.

9 comments:

Me Tremendous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me Tremendous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me Tremendous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbie said...

this whole thing is ridiculous and i'm deleting all of it. it never should have happened.

Jessica said...

I'm really glad you did that; I saw just the first few, and it was already ridiculous.